Thursday, September 18, 2014

A Christian Living With Depression

A Christian Living With Depression

I am a Christian and I have Clinical Depression. If you suffer from depression I am sure you can understand the this battle. It is a battle between my head and my heart. 

My head:

When l am low into depression, the world is dark and painful. It is hard to imagine a future. At times I really don't want one. The struggle of living is just to hard. The anxiety leads me to fear everything. When I am deep in a depression, it is hard to see hope that the pain will ever end. 

My heart:

I have faith that God is always with me. With God, I don't have anything to fear.  He will always be there to protect me.  I know that God has a glorious future ahead for me.  I trust Him completely. 

I know that my fear and hopelessness comes from a disease. I know that God knows it is the disease causing these feelings. God understands. I still don't. As a Christian, I know I have nothing to fear, but my head still fears. I know that God will get my through  my depression, but my in my head I still feel hopeless. 

So who will win this battle?  Even through my deepest depression, I know the answer. God is stronger then my depression. I know he will break through my fears, and give me hope when I feel hopeless. 

Depression can lie to my head, and at times, I will believe it.  But my heart, it know the truth.




No comments: